Skip to main content

bypass the websense

More
15 years 6 months ago #27768 by Niovi
bypass the websense was created by Niovi
Hello there,

I'm wondering if there is any way to bypass the websense at my workplace.
I've tried so many things and everything is blocked.
We have intranet at work and specific proxies, i'm wondering if you have any available proxies to give me and try them out. Or if there is other way to do it.
More
15 years 6 months ago #27770 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: bypass the websense
Try this: www.beatfiltering.com

Almost, never failed me. It uses SSL encryption, So Websense will see nonsense. Don't forget that the URL begins with https not http.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 6 months ago #27772 by SteveP
Replied by SteveP on topic Re: bypass the websense
I'm not in a corporate environment, nor do I have access to one, but what if the netadmin has also blocked access to www.beatfiltering.com ? I guess you'd be out of luck?
More
15 years 6 months ago #27774 by S0lo

I'm not in a corporate environment, nor do I have access to one, but what if the netadmin has also blocked access to www.beatfiltering.com ? I guess you'd be out of luck?

Yes that would be unfortunate. I guess the question here is how the admin is going to block a https cyphered connection without/with Websense? If you have (or any one has) any clue of doing this, please share.

I'm behind Websense at work and at home my ISP has fairly strong filtering. I've been trying those https web proxies for years and I can't remember the last time it didn't work. On the contrast, I noticed that http (unencrypted) web proxies get blocked after some time!!.

www.tech-faq.com/bypass-websense.shtml

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 6 months ago #27776 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: bypass the websense
Hey guys,

With all do respect, I have a little problem with this post on the forums. As a network engineer and network administrator of my companies corporate network, I feel this information should not be distributed so freely. We (network engineers, network administrators, system administrators ect) put these specific rules in place to limit users from accessing certain websites. I can surely say no administrator places a block on ALL content on the Internet, rather they limit the content a user can view. Now these rules are put in a place for various reasons, such as protecting a user from accessing harmful websites without any knowledge of doing so, or to increase productivity of a department by limiting surfing of the web. Now, whether it be one of these reasons I listed or other reasons, I still feel these rules all have a purpose. If an administrator places rules on the network that are just plain ridiculous and it blocks all content, I think that's an ego and management issue. But most, if not all administrators place them for the safety and productivity of the company network.

Now this is where I can get criticized rather heavily, so I say these words with the utmost respect. A user such as Niovi writes a post on the forum about how to bypass Websense. This is the first post placed under that alias already asking ways around a company security policy. My first question would be, why are you trying to bypass Websense? What site are you visiting that Websense is blocking? Have you discussed the content being blocked with your admin or manager? Of course not, because its more then likely not work related.

I become very frustrated and sometimes upset when I see people on my company network trying to bypass security. This is especially true when they use other websites to go around the security. I end up spending half my day trying to not only track the users traffic, but research new websites being released to beat network traffic filtering. I strongly urge other administrators to refrain from posting these kinds of websites. I have had numerous employees fired because they access these types of bypass filter websites. I can almost guarantee that all company policy handbooks state that any user who defies network policies will be reprimanded, if not suspended or fired. In my opinion, its just not worth the risk.

I am completely opened to comments, whether they be positive or negative as I'm sure the negative will come. But the truth of the matter is, this is an on going issue at every company. It is only when your on the other side of the fence battling do you realize how much chaos and work it can create for an administrator.

Cheers mates,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
15 years 6 months ago #27777 by S0lo
ZiPPy, I think your talk is absolutely correct. All the points you have mentioned are valid, and I thank you for it :). But after all, it all depends on what Niovi here will do with the information we present him. The information is there in the wild, with the simplest google search it can be found. Should google be sued for it?. We give pure information. It's the persons own responsibility not to break the law while using this information.

This "Websense bypass" question has been iterated over and over in the forums:

www.firewall.cx/ftopic-1691-0-days0-orderasc-websense.html
www.firewall.cx/ftopic-4179-0-days0-orderasc-websense.html
www.firewall.cx/ftopic-5200-0-days0-orderasc-websense.html
www.firewall.cx/ftopict-5078-websense.html
www.firewall.cx/ftopict-4499-websense.html
www.firewall.cx/ftopict-4495-websense.html

Some have answered and some have refrained and some both!!. So I posted the link on the same line to answer the issue. I can remove the link if other moderators think it should be.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds