Skip to main content

Online security testing from firewall.cx

More
20 years 3 months ago #2606 by sahirh
As most of you know, all of us on the firewall.cx team have been bouncing a lot of new ideas around on how to make the site more interactive and more useful for everyone. One of the things that came up as a suggestion is the idea of online security tests..

The way this would work is sort of like Shieldsup at grc.com, you can do an online portscan, or perhaps even a whole range of common security tests. Not to mention these forums would help you analyse the results and secure your systems.

Do you think this would be useful and do you have any suggestions on how you'd like to see this implememented ?

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 3 months ago #2607 by Chris
I'm surely in for it ! I recon it's going to be a great idea to allow our community to test their firewall whether that might be a personal one running on their workstation or a full blazing hardware firewall!

Perhaps we could also test for any heavy-metal mp3's and delete them if we find any :lol:

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 3 months ago #2609 by Neon
Since Chris has already said what I was just gonna say I'll just say that’s a v. good idea. I love testing my firewall over and over again to make sure its still functioning... Would be nice if it was on this site so it’s all centralised with this site which I check often :)
More
20 years 3 months ago #2616 by sahirh
Hmm, yeah thats the basic idea behind it.. setup your firewall and then get it checked out.. plus we can help you understand the results.. something no other site has.

Pity that we probably don't have the bandwidth to do a full security test.. as in-- not just portscanning, but actual vulnerability testing. Would something like that be popular ?

As for heavy metal mp3s.. oops.. guess I shouldn't post my playlist up here if I want to keep my moderator rights ;) I admit the state of heavy metal today is terrible.. Ozzy Osbourne rocks though, and Randy Rhoads was the greatest guitarist to ever walk the earth !

Btw Neon, whats your IT background like ? You seem to know a thing or two..

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 1 month ago #2914 by Cheetah
Great. I appreciate. :D

Kind Regards,
<b>Cheetah</b>
<i>The outcome of devotion is, quality!</i>
More
20 years 1 month ago #2964 by indebluez
hey guys, so is it up? can we test our firewalls and stuff here?
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds