Skip to main content

Hacked

More
20 years 2 months ago #2796 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Hacked
I've been following this discussion and it's certainly turned out with some excellent suggestions and ideas.

Sahir, your suggestion for a walkthrough is simply awesome. If there is anything I can help with, let me know, because with the TCP topic off my head ... I've found some extra time....before I start on the next topic ... VLANS!

p.s Regarding the walkthrough of an attack against a Cisco router .... I got a neat idea which will only take a few screen shots to implement ... it involves a cisco router (the victim), a person (preferably a man with a strong grip) and lastly ... a hammer :lol:

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 2 months ago #2802 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Hacked
That is one screenshot I'd really like to see ! I had this sudden mental image of tfs driving over a 2400 on a dirt bike :).

Anyway I've been doing some of the basic groundwork for what we need. Basically the hard part was getting a LAN, now I have access to one. For those interested in the technical details.. here are the hacks I've been shortlisting :

1. Cisco router webserver authentication bug and decrypting information from the running-config

2. Denial of service synflood attack

3. Microsoft IIS Unicode exploit

4. Password cracking in l0phtcrack

5. Portscanning with Nmap and Superscan

6. Maybe the new ASN.1 Microsoft exploit explained.

This will be huge though......

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds