Skip to main content

Hacked

More
20 years 2 months ago #2769 by indebluez
Replied by indebluez on topic Re: Hacked
1)yeah screenshots would be super cool as well!:) anythign to help me visualize...but i do have a better pic in my head now after readin ur no 5...vnc stands for virtual network connection, right?

2)
heres my ipconfig, jus took the nos away:P waiting for ur words of wisdom on this one...coz i dont get whats the brdige id

Ethernet adapter Network Bridge:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : *.*.*.*
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter STARHUB:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : A.B.3.4
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.240.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : A.B.5.6

3)for pple who are at home....when they access websites and have ftp enabled on their m/c...
where is the DNS server? on the ISP site?

4)is there any way a person can attack a system without knowing the ip address?[/code]
More
20 years 2 months ago #2771 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Hacked!
This discussion is really interesting! Some great topics coming out here. Can't wait for the next installment. Sahir, it would be great if you could write this up as a paper and put it on the site. Go on, I know you want to...
:wink:
More
20 years 2 months ago #2779 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Hacked
Here goes:
1. VNC stands for virtual network computing.. its an incredible remote access product that is very popular in the nix world and off late in windows as well. Yes we will do this screenshots thing... let me spend a couple of days to pick an exploit or two.. I've arranged for a LAN where I can show you a couple of the things.

2. looks like you have two ethernet adapters.. the one that has your internet connection is the STARHUB one. I'm not sure what you're using the network bridge for.. do you have a home LAN ?

3. Yes the DNS for home users is always at the ISP end. If you view your TCP/IP settings, you will see what your DNS server address is set to.

4. One word -- email... ;)

TheBishop.. I'm really really keen on writing up a good paper, the last couple of ideas have gone half way and then I've hit a mental block.. for example the one on windows services.. I can complete.. but I don't think it will be upto the usual standard of material that makes it to the site.. however this visual walkthrough thing is a neat idea..

So the big question --- what would you guys like to see demonstrated ? I had thought of the following :

1. Information gathering
2. Scanning
3. A common webserver attack
4. A common router attack
5. A denial of service attack

Drop me ideas..

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 2 months ago #2791 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Hacked
Sahirh
I think the visual walkthrough thing would be great. Less time consuming for you too, but still full of valuable info. Know what they say, a screenshot paints a thousand words and all that..
For myself I'd be most interested in seeing a router hack. But I guess it would take all the steps you listed to build up the picture. Kind of like a story board.
By the way, this really is a great site
More
20 years 2 months ago #2794 by MaXiMuS
Replied by MaXiMuS on topic Re: Hacked
sahir i was wondering that how do you intend to give a full fledged demo ?? if its gonna be a live demo , count me in... :lol: and if you could please emphasize on what all objectives are to be attained by it :o and to what depth it will go ???
More
20 years 2 months ago #2795 by MaXiMuS
Replied by MaXiMuS on topic Re: Hacked
now that was a perfect example of not reading all the messages and posting up a reply in hurry !!! sorry bout that sahir !!!
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds