Skip to main content

How Can I Connect My 2nd PC to Share Internet?

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20827 by Smurf
Dove's response to this one is correct. The easiest way (if you don't have a DLS Router or Cable Modem Router in order to share the connection between multiple machines) is to setup ICS thats in Windows XP. This basically sets up one machine on the internet link (using the ADSL Modem) and then all other computers can route through it.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20855 by durk21

Dove's response to this one is correct. The easiest way (if you don't have a DLS Router or Cable Modem Router in order to share the connection between multiple machines) is to setup ICS thats in Windows XP. This basically sets up one machine on the internet link (using the ADSL Modem) and then all other computers can route through it.

I agree. I was talking about establishing like a wireless connection, or secondary access via a ADSL router.
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20900 by Abraham
You all got me wrong, Niether i'm using DSL and nor i've ADSL Modem! My PC is connected via Ethernet cable which is coming from outside of my area's network and that's how i"m using internet via that cable, Now what I did, I installed another Ethernet card on my same pc which is connected to the internet via LAN1, and I've connected my PC2 to my PC1's LAN2 via X-over cabling. I can exchange my data from PC1 to PC2 but my PC2 is unable to share its internet, now what configuration are needed? Now tell me hunni... :)
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20901 by Smurf
As far as i know you should still be able to setup ICS in this scenario also ? Have you tried that ?

Cheers

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20933 by durk21
Replied by durk21 on topic hmmm cool beans
maybe you could just use an Hpna adapter to get access to your portal. just a shot in the dark there but thats what i ahd to do because i had access to a phone line but no ehternet connection availible.

So i hooked up the HPNA Adapter via USB 2.0 to a phone line and that is what worked for me.
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20944 by Dove
Hi there

You can do that by using ICS..with dual NICs......there is no doubt at all....

Just go through this site....it will explain you how to do this in step by step...

Click here

Dove
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds