Skip to main content

How Can I Connect My 2nd PC to Share Internet?

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20802 by Abraham
I have got 2 PC's at my home. My 1st PC is connected to the other network in my area for using Internet, actually we've cable internet providers in our area so there's a switch outside my house and my 1st PC is connected to it and so are my neighbours to using internet. I have another PC at my home so I want to connect my 2nd PC to my 1st PC to share its Internet... Is it possible? what configurations are needed? Additional information about my 1st PC configuration is, my 1st PC is the part of a Domain and cable providers given me the Username & Password to logon for using internet because without logon i can't use internet. Please Chris and other member do help me... How can I connect my 2nd PC to share internet
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20805 by ashok_nitc
:D tell ur internet service provider to give another connection. :P

otherwise take the permission from them then i will tell how u can do it!!! :lol:
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20807 by Dove
Hi There,

As you haven't mentioned the OS which you are using. I belive it would be Win XP. If its then enable the Internet connection sharing option on PC1

1) Open LAN Connection properties
2) Click Advanced option
3) Enable internet sharing option.
4) Give the PC1 IP as Default gateway for PC2. (Note: Both the PC should be in same subnet say 192.168.0.1/24)

Hope it may help you

Dove
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20812 by Abraham
Hey DOVE, i checked it in Advance option.. there's no sharing option there... i knew that step but i didn't find ICS option that's why i asked you. Any other idea may would work... so please.
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20815 by Dove
Oops;;; :oops: Just small mistake in my last post.... :wink:

Its not in LAN properties...I would be in the Dialin network connection properties...

Dove
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20822 by durk21
Replied by durk21 on topic hmmmmmmm
if its a DSL or cable modem all you need to do is install the drivers and plug it in and if its a dial up god i hope not then just configure it to dial out so I don't fully understand your question. Because the software for DSL and cable modems should help you do it quite easily.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds