This section contains Firewall.cx news and public annoucements.
The new Firewall.cx has been completely redesigned from scratch to make the site more flexible and functional for our community. With over 5 months of work, after many pitfalls, we have managed to get online the new Firewall.cx and maintain all articles and forum posts from our previous site!
While navigating through the new Firewall.cx is extremely easy there are a few functions that will be disabled for the next couple of days until we bring all services online.
The following services are not operational or are restricted:
1) New member registrations are disabled until the redelegation process is complete and a site-wide check is performed for bugs and other problems.
2) Only members with forum posts have been migrated to this new site. All other accounts have been deleted.
3) Members migrated to this site are able to log in and use the site's forums.
4) Existing members are requested to log into their account and edit their profile in order to set their Avatar, location, gender, birthdate and other information. Where there is a password problem, please use the password-reset procedure provided.
If you experience problems with our site or your account, please email us at info at firewall.cx
Thank you and we hope you enjoy the new Firewall.cx!
The Firewall.cx Team
Back in 2003, we decided to take a big step for Firewall.cx and move the site to what was back then, one of the most popular CMS systems available. This allowed Firewall.cx to expand its services, integrate its user accounts with the site's forums and provide a single-sign-on for all services offered.
After 8 years of success and almost 100 million page views, we decided it was time to take the next big step into Firewall.cx's future. As such, we've been secretly working on the next generation of Firewall.cx!
The new Firewall.cx site has been designed from the ground-up using nothing but the best available resources to ensure we can expand and provide new exciting services to all our community. Special focus has been given to the new menu system, that no longer requires lengthy scrolls to get to the desired article, and are also nicely populated with nifty icons representing each category.
Our new forum system now supports enhanced features such as 'Helpful answer' voting, plus more, that will ensure users helping the community are receiving the necessary recognition.
As most of our community can understand, we are extremely excited about this big changeover, so we decided to officially announce the upcoming new Firewall.cx website which is now at its final stages of completion and is expected to be online very soon!
To give you a small sneak preview of the site, we've posted a small section of the site's front page:
We thank the Firewall.cx community for supporting us throughout all these years and promise that our new site will bring more helpful resources and services for you all!
Founder & Senior Editor
Chris Partsenidis, founder and senior editor of Firewall.cx said, "We're delighted with this award which underlines the great work being done by our team. We aim to provide resources and support for our members as they learn and develop, and this partnership will allow us to introduce new Cisco titles to a wide audience while at the same time providing useful feedback for Cisco Press."
A special 'Official Reviewer' logo has been created to mark the occasion.
Official announcement from Cisco Press can be found at the following URL:
We would like to inform our community that our site upgrade has been successfully completed!
While there are some small glitches we need to take care of, everything should be working without problems. Should a member discover an error or problem, please report it using our site forums so we can take care of it.
Thank you for your patience.
The Firewall.cx Team.
The upgrade is scheduled to begin early hours of Saturday morning (US time), and will take a few hours to complete. During the upgrade, the site will be unavailable to the public.
We are expecting to have the site fully functional by the end of the day.
Thank you for your understanding!
Founder & Senior Editor
More Articles ...
- Firewall.cx the world's first official Media Review Partner of CiscoPress titles
- Spammers Beware - Firewall.cx takes action against forum spammers!
- Firewall.cx has a new home
- Firewall.cx Welcomes A New Team Member!
- Cisco Lab Announcement
- Introducing the ISDN Protocol
- Help more people discover Firewall.cx!
- Firewall.cx CiscoLab Now Available !
- Cisco Lab Information Released