Skip to main content

Virtual connection

More
18 years 8 months ago #9545 by ping
Virtual connection was created by ping
Hi guys

I have two operating systems both Win2KPro. In one computer and that is the virtual computer. Both have different Hard disk and completly different set of settings. Now i don't have any physical connection between them. Becouse they are installed in a Virtual PC software of microsoft. Now if i want to connect these two different machines and share folders and files how should i set the n/w between these two. I don't have any physical devices to make the connection.

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
18 years 8 months ago #9547 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Virtual connection
For communication between Virtual machines, you need to go to the Networking settings of each virtual machine and select the "Local" option. This will allow communication between the virtual machines but not between them and the host machine or any external network. Therefore you will not be able to use the internet. If you want external/internet access as well there are a couple of other options.
More
18 years 8 months ago #9548 by ping
Replied by ping on topic Re: Virtual connection
Could you please go in some more detail ?

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
18 years 8 months ago #9549 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Virtual connection
For each machine:
1. Select the machine in the Virtual PC Console
2. Choose the Settings option
3. Select Networking
4. Select the "Local only" option for the network adapter

After you have done this for both machines, you will need to boot the machines up and set the IP addresses statically. Then they will be able to communicate with each other as long as they are on the same subnet.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds