Skip to main content

Nortan issue on WinXP..

More
18 years 8 months ago #9936 by MetaJoe
Hello, I just FINALLY got my computer restored and got that .dll trojan off the computer a few days ago (I made a thread about it in here last year) and we got Service Pack 2 installed and got all the live updates through NIS 2k5 (Nortan) and so everything works now like it should, but I am having one little issue with nortan. I dont know if it's normal or not, but every 20 minutes or so, in the corner a window pops up saying something like "Nortan has created rules for Generic Host Process for Win32 Services.." thingy and it's getting annoying. Does anyone know how to stop that from coming up?
More
18 years 8 months ago #9938 by FallenZer0
--Check the link. May be it will guide you in the right direction.

Looks liks the Automatic Program Control box is checked in your settings so everytime a web-enabled program is accessing the Internet it is creating automatic rules for you.

service1.symantec.com/ ...

Hope this helps.

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
18 years 8 months ago #9940 by MetaJoe
Replied by MetaJoe on topic Re: Nortan issue on WinXP..
So all I have to do is turn it off and it will stop bringing the windows up in the corner? :?

edit: Well, I unchecked the bugger, had the window pop-up once, set it to "Permit All" and havent seen it since. Thanks for the help.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds