Skip to main content

windows XP, cant change IE browser homepage

More
19 years 2 months ago #7580 by ELOI
Hello,

I would just like to know how to change my Internet Homepage, coz everytime i open my IE it goes to this page 0ml.net.cat . but i already tried to configure it in the tools/internet options/homepage and key in the desired page. but it still go back to the old page....

i appreciate your inputs regarding this.....

thanks
More
19 years 2 months ago #7582 by nske
Hello,

Possibly your system is infected with some adware. Try a full scan with either Spybot S&D , AdAware , or MS Antispyware . Also remember to update the definitions first.
More
19 years 1 month ago #7590 by w00deneagle
I had this problem on my company's network. Turns out my home page of choice was being hijacked and replaced by their intranet home page. I was able to fix this with MS anti-spyware.
More
More
19 years 1 month ago #7693 by cyberoidx
Or if u dont mind blowing up the registry, search for folders caleed RunOnce and remove reg keys that lead to weird programs that u dont know about. eg: szchost.exe ...... nice name to trick people who know that svchost.exe is a system file......

There are about 3 - 4 RunOnce folders.... check them all for unknown programs. Also u will see other folders starting with Run, or only Run.... they too contain loads of crap ......

You could also have a virus called Reg / Seeker ..... it changes hompage evrytime u boot.

Or in a simple way...... Get System Mechanic from Iolo.com

It rocks. I LOVE IT.

Surya Sharma
www.Technodrome.info
AR3 Y0U T3CH ENOUGH FOR IT?
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds