Skip to main content

VPN Solutions

More
19 years 3 months ago #6777 by Cool_Spot
VPN Solutions was created by Cool_Spot
What is peoples opinion on the best VPN solution for remote access from home to a company network.

I'd obviously have a crack at Windows RRAS, but is this actually any good compared to others? What are peoples experiences.. Do many of you use the Windows client and Remote desktop for example? or is it more the VNC/Cisco/Hardware Solution (Checkpoint\Sonicwall etc)

Both from a user and technical aspect, what do you guys use in your networks? Its a first for me, having to set a VPN up from scratch in a real world environment and i would like some advice on the best procedures/Industry standards for VPN access.

I'd just like to draw a picture on the best way to implement this & having your opinions would be a great help.

Cheers!
More
19 years 3 months ago #6808 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic VPN
This is probably one of many, but I use the native VPN support in Windows XP Professional at the client end with a hardware VPN router/concentrator at the centre. I found that though Microsoft provide VPN support in their various server offerings it was far more complicated to set up than just to buy el-cheapo plastic box and do ten minutes configuring. There are many such boxes available; I use a Draytek but there are others equally as good and perhaps better
More
19 years 3 months ago #6813 by stefke
Replied by stefke on topic Re: VPN Solutions
I have some good experiences with Windows 2003/ISA2004 VPN solutions.

ISA is the ideal firewall/VPN solution if you like to use WIndows based clients (XP, RDC, etc..).

Regards,

Stefke
More
19 years 3 months ago #6822 by Cool_Spot
Replied by Cool_Spot on topic Re: VPN Solutions
Thanks for the input. Its appriciated!
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds