Skip to main content

Windows 2000 Wireless permissions

More
19 years 4 months ago #6345 by jacko0
Hi,
I need to be able to allow a user to log onto a laptop running W2K and be able to modify the wireless setting but without giving him admin rights.

How can I do it?

Any help would be great!

jacko
More
19 years 4 months ago #6546 by Omiloparmenos
hmm maybe stupid but i cant think something else...so,create a user to your machine,give the permission that you want. Also install VNC both. When the laptop is in the wireless network open VNC and let him to modify your wireless settings.
More
19 years 3 months ago #6557 by sLz
nnbnbnnbnbJust a possibility, but you could use PHP, obviously with authenticiation procedures or .htaccess password authentification. Use PHP's passthru command. Find out the command to change whatever you want to do on the machine. The passthru command will give the user feedback, also use the HTML tag <pre> to keep the PHP all nice and tidy when it feeds back the information from executing a command or a series of commands contained within a batch file.

Alternatively there is the PHP command 'exec' which simply executes, ideally a batch file with a list of commands. I would highly recommend passthru over exec as it gives feedback of the command, just as you would see in cmd.exe.

You can even dynamically create batch files using PHP, so as to execute commands at your own will be editing the files through the powerful PHP.

Please see the following links for a further read on passthru and exec:

uk2.php.net/passthru
uk2.php.net/exec

To demonstrate I have knocked up a very quick PHP file showing how to use the passthru command while keeping the structure intact.

<?
echo "<pre>";
echo passthru("ping 127.0.0.1");
echo "</pre>"
?>

Have fun. =]
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds