Skip to main content

hidden shared file

More
19 years 6 months ago #5752 by termitex
hidden shared file was created by termitex
hi,
is anyone out there know how to view the hidden shared folders over the network ? (I don't know the folder name but know the IP address.)
thanks ...
More
19 years 6 months ago #5755 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Hidden Shares
Are you using Windows? If so, the hidden shares can be accessed over the network (assuming you have the access rights to do so) by prefixing the share name with the $ symbol
More
19 years 6 months ago #5757 by termitex
Replied by termitex on topic Re: hidden shared file
thanks, but wat I mean is if someone is hidding the shared folder and I don't know the folder's name can I scan it. (in windows)
More
19 years 6 months ago #5768 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: hidden shared file
it depends. like what thebishop pointed out, having the right access privilege would make all folders, including hidden folders and files whenever you make an access to the network pc.

say for example, if you are the administrator or if your account is included under a folder's attributes which is either made a shared resource or a hidden folder within the network, you would still be able to access the folder when queried over the network by using the suffix symbol $ at the end of the network path.
More
19 years 6 months ago #5772 by FallenZer0
Replied by FallenZer0 on topic Re: hidden shared file

hi,
is anyone out there know how to view the hidden shared folders over the network ? (I don't know the folder name but know the IP address.)
thanks ...

--Check the below link.
www.brown.edu/Facilities/CIS/CIRT/help/netbiosnull.html

From the DOS shell type
nbtstat -A IP Address. It gives you NetBIOS Name Table. If you see <Computer-Name> with a Hex Value of <20>, you know that File Sharing and Server Services are enabled. If you see it enabled,
type net view \\IP Address and if you get *System Error 5 Has Occured* and *Access Is Denied*, then try this
net use \\IP Address\IPC$ "" /u:"" and it should say command completed successfuly. Then type net view \\IP Address, then it should list you all the resources.

But if the Server Services and NetBIOS Over TCP/IP is Disabled. . . . . you know what you can do, don't you?

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
19 years 6 months ago #5774 by termitex
Replied by termitex on topic Re: hidden shared file
very useful info.. learn something new today .. thanks all bro. :wink:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds