Skip to main content

Backup Program

More
19 years 10 months ago #4373 by ZiPPy
Backup Program was created by ZiPPy
Hey guys, the pop-ups have finally slowed my machine down to a ... a.... its just slow, believe me :? But I got some new software that helps block all the pop-ups. So I would like to backup my server. Do you guys recommend any back-up programs? I used the Windows back up utitility but I got an error when I tried to restore. That kind of made me sketchy about the whole windows back up utility.
Any ideas guys, thanks!

Pop ups might of got me this time...but the won't the second time around...oh no!!! 8)

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
19 years 10 months ago #4376 by drizzle
Replied by drizzle on topic Re: Backup Program
If you don't need compression, I find that xcopy works pretty good. If you have XP, just go the command line interface (aka dos prompt) and type xcopy /?. It should give you all the available switches. The nice thing with xcopy is you don't need any special software to read the files.

Symantec makes a nice backup suite called Ghost but its probably overkill for what you are looking for... its more for massive imaging and deployment of PC's.

There are also a lot of Zip utilities that can be used to backup files. That way you aren't tied into some proprietary bkf file. Ultimatezip.com has a free zip utility that works pretty good. Or you can use WinRAR or WinZip.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds