Skip to main content

I have some questions about some things in my WinXP..

More
19 years 11 months ago #3804 by MetaJoe
Sorry to double post, but this pisses me off.

I cant get into ANY mail system online. It closes me out of hotmail, aol mail, yahoo mail and my home mail program (incredimail).. it also kicks me out of the english hompeage for square enix.. My mom is gonna be pissed if she cant get into her work email when she gets back from her trip.. Help me out here! My computer seems to be a high target for malware..and its driving me insane..well, almost insane!
More
19 years 11 months ago #3808 by sahirh
What you need to do is either format your harddisk and reinstall windows, then patch it (windows patches like windowsupdate). However this sounds like it might be a bit too much.. so why dont you consider running a full antivirus scan (with the latest virus definitions) on your machine ?

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 11 months ago #3815 by indebluez
oh boy metajoe...sounds like reall nasty stuff on ur pc....

so u are saying nothin is opeing? like everythin is kickin u out?

hmmm see i had a friend who had loads of adwares n trojans, i helped her clean up her system through msnger!:P so maybe i can try to help u...lets see....

1) 1st download webroor spysweeper...if you can't download using ur internet on ur machine, i suggest u get a friend to download it for u...or u download it in ur school, webroor spysweeper is free and available on its website...its really good and spots almost everything tt ad-ware misses....

2) clean up ervythin in the quaranitne folder as well...of webroot's spysweeper

3) lets jus clean up ur machine a little bit, it really does help...
C:\Documents and Settings\y]"YOUR COMPUTER NAME"\Local Settings\Temp
go to this folder....even if u have cleaned up ur temp internet files...using the option in tools on ur IE browser...this doesnt clean up the files in this Temp folder....this Temp folder also holds temp internet files.....(although i dont noe why we have 2 Temp folders, anyone care to explain?)

4) if u have never cleaned up this folder, i bet it would be huge...delete watever u dont need in tjhis folder...iit a temp folder anyway...jus a cache like ur temp int. files....go to ur recycle bin and empty it

5) so after the spysweeper n cleanin up the temp folder....ur machine should be a little bit less cluttered with stuff...

6) now run hijackthis...from www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
or install it from floppy...
and fix whatever u noe for sure or sounds really fishy...if u dont noe for sure...then take a note of the registers tht dont sound familiar to u and chk it on the net...and remove em....plz chk before fixing...critical!

7) i have also tcpview running on my machine...u can download that as well...and run it...after the above steps...it allows u to see which ports are open on ur machine...and wat processes are using the ports (correct me if i am wrong guys) i think if a trojan is runnin on ur machine...u can detect it here....check the names again on the net....svchost , lsass, inetinfo...these are 100% okay....they are normal windows applications...chk whether anythin else....

i am not sure any of this helps...but u can try it...

inde
More
19 years 11 months ago #3824 by MetaJoe
spysweeper eh? I'll go look for a download of it. You see, the internet only closes on me when I try to look at any mail, or if I go to Square Enix's english homepage..(why there? No clue.)

So how would I be able to post here on the internet if I wouldnt be able to get on in the 1st place?
More
19 years 11 months ago #3829 by indebluez
hey metajoe, well i wasnt sure u were postin from ur machine, or
school, or from friends...or watever...but i think sahir said in the earlier post its prob a malware.....
so tts why i suggested using spysweeper...its super...anyways onlye
email huh....i've no idea...maybe someone else can help u...but try runnin the spysweeper
hey u keep gettin kicked out from a particular website?
this happened to me once...when i tried to join an online web chat on
spyware info site....n i got kicked out...only later i had realised my
machine was connected to a proxy server.....but not sure which one
wasnt allowing which one....like was my proxy server not allowin the
connection to go throu or was the web server not accpeting
connections from a proxy? help guys?

inde
More
19 years 11 months ago #3838 by MetaJoe
Well, its starting to get worse. I ran sysweep and it found malware called "2nd-Thought" and "Daemonize" which I have no clue what they do..

I cant post on msn group message boards now..its starting to really irritate me..

Oh, and how exactly can I close ports? There's probably a crapload open right now that need to be closed.

edit: oh, and I cant download any nortan security updates right now because my mom needs to renew our subscription ot nortan..and I found out that for some reason, the auto-protection thing doesnt work, therefore it is impossible to turn it on..and theres an error with the email too.. So I need the new NA2004 badly..
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds