Skip to main content

Remote Desktop Services

More
13 years 4 months ago #35853 by steveb13
I am set for Per User and my license server is Specified. On the Licensing Diagnosis tab I get the message that "Licensing Diagnosis did not identify any problems to report".

At the bottom of the window, my license server is listed and under both Credentials and Connectivity, it is listed as "Available".

Please let me know if you can think of anything else.

Thanks
More
13 years 4 months ago #35859 by Bublitz
Replied by Bublitz on topic Re: Remote Desktop Services
When you open RD Host Configuration

You do not see an error message stating this computer is configured for Remote Desktop for administrator. Bla bla bla yackety smackety use Server manager to install Remote Desktop Session Host Role service?

If you don't see this message then the proper role is in fact installed.

So when you connect more than 2 people to the RDS server what actually happens? What message do the users get when they try on the 3 attempt?

Client end.. Ok are you using xp? If so do you have RDC 7.0 installed this applies to vista as well. support.microsoft.com/kb/969084

Do you have NLA enabled on this terminal server?
RD Session Host Configuration -> Double click on your RDC-Tcp Connection -> General -> Check Allow Connections only from computers running Remote desktop with network Level Authentication

If you do XP clients needs NLA enabled even if you have rdc 7.0 installed. support.microsoft.com/kb/951608

Check allowed connections RD Session Host Configuration -> Double click on your RDC-Tcp Connection -> Network Adapter -> Maximum Connections if there is a maximum set to 2 well then there you go

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
More
13 years 4 months ago #35862 by steveb13
Thanks! I missed ramping up the simultaneous connections in the adapter setting.

Solved!
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds