Skip to main content

help on vmware

More
20 years 2 days ago #3491 by indebluez
help on vmware was created by indebluez
nnbnbhi i have a problem with vmware...i am currently facin this problem...i was wonderin if i want to start the v.machine...i click on start v.machine right..well after tt this is the error msg i am getting...

indebluez.myvnc.com/snapshot.gif

so help..do i ahve to install redhat linux on a cd...as in burn the files on a cd...coz now they are all on my desktop...

thanx a million...hmmm why do i have problems pastin the image as in have the image appear on top?
More
20 years 1 day ago #3496 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Re: help on vmware
IndeBluez –

First let me state that I moved this topic from “Cool Software” to here “Windows & DOS”, this is a tech supported question and not cool software you want to share with others.

Second issue I could not pull up either one of your pictures to see your errors.
To answer your question, it’s the [img] option that you need to use to display a picture.
Also to ensure your picture can be successfully displayed make sure you have any firewalls or NAT’s properly configured to pass traffic, this will be the equivalent as if I went to my web browser and tried to access the pictures direct, if you can have a buddy from off site do this then the rest of the world should be able to.

Jack Burgess,
Firewall.cx Staff
News Editor / Forum Moderator
www.jacksjunk.com
More
20 years 1 day ago #3499 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: help on vmware
Have you installed Linux in VMWare ? You can do that either by burning the cds, or by mounting the ISO as a virtual cd for the virtual machine.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 1 day ago #3501 by indebluez
Replied by indebluez on topic Re: help on vmware
okye i think i got it...got a friend to chk it out for me...so everytime i want apche to do sometin...i change it in the conf file?(configuration file?)
coz it was atctually port 80 there...so changed to port 5555...

sahir u said with apache ,it can be made to tap dance:P do i have to jus read conf to gett a better understdin ..or? what are stuff can apche do..

this snapshot shows the msg i get on vmware...

also now i have 2 folders with mandrake linux i dont have any idea why...the images are below...which one should i burn into a cd?
the 1st snapshot is of mandrake linux folder...i think i should be burnin the ISO file, isit? what abt the VMWare virtual disk tts 1gb..
2nd snapshot is of folder mandrakelinux2..there are files here as well...do i delte this folder?

thanx alot:)
More
20 years 1 day ago #3502 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: help on vmware
Carry on the apache question in the apache thread and save this one for vmware. But yes -- you configure apache everything goes in the httpd.conf file.

Your image files do not seem to work, are you sure you are hosting them correctly, they're all 404.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 1 day ago #3506 by indebluez
Replied by indebluez on topic Re: help on vmware
i have changed my post above a bit...
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds