Skip to main content

intrusting .....and surprising

More
20 years 1 day ago #3477 by babarali
Hello Every one!!

well today i am here with a intrusting and surprsing issue (atleast for me :shock: )... well i am working in LUMS as lab assistant.
we have 2 domains in our network ...

1. Lumsnt. (for students)
2. Lumsnet.(for employees)

"Lumsnt" well this domain is for students they have limited rights on this domain.
"Lumsnet" is only for employees...like admin staff and lab assitant.

today we have problem in our network . i dont knw much abt tht problem but wht i guess its a broad cast strom or may be network loops.

well i was monitoring labs , a student came to me and asked me that he is unable to access his network drive .. i checked his login strangeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fr me.. he was connected with "lumsnt" but network was disable and also i disconnected main switch. but he was connected with his login on "lumsnt" domain......i asked him to logoff and try again ..he again logged on and with same lumsnt domain....the network is disable thn how is connected on system with lumsnt domain. i checked all user and groups on local uysers and groups of that system but i didnt found any login of him. i asked him to logon on from another system ...but he was failed to logon from other system. but when he loged on to that system with "lumsnt" domain.. he have no prb there.

Note : when he logged on to that system during logon process he get message of mandatory profile. :roll:

please tell me how its possible and how he did it :?: ... i am waiting for positive reply... from all of u :idea:

take care
GOOD bye
More
20 years 1 day ago #3480 by jackeen
hi there babarali

i found a few sites that answer your question

www.windowsitlibrary.com/Content/509/05/3.html

www.comptechdoc.org/os/windows/win2k/win2kusers.html

hope this starts you off to understanding profiles a bit better
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds