Skip to main content

hibernation

More
13 years 10 months ago #34673 by kamsie
hibernation was created by kamsie
after using my windows vista home premium for some time the hibernation button disappeared and till now i can't get it back, though my windows is activated and vga configured, pls who can help.
More
13 years 10 months ago #34676 by Bublitz
Replied by Bublitz on topic Re: hibernation
All of these settings are configured in the control panel under "Power". These are default power modes and you can create your own power plan.

There is a ton of options at least for windows 7 so I assume this is true for vista .

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
More
13 years 10 months ago #34711 by Inajmi
Replied by Inajmi on topic Re: hibernation
in the command prompt please type the following command and you will have the hibernate feature back

powercfg -h ON
More
13 years 10 months ago #34761 by sreyaxy
Replied by sreyaxy on topic Re: hibernation
What is the difference between hibernate and sleep? And also I was wondering I was having issues with shutting down my laptop last night because I clicked shut down and it restarted it. I looked for settings and all I could find was on the control panel what actions I wanted for which button to click and they were all right. Then I was all confused about sleep and hibernate so I'm wondering about all that. Thanks for the help!
13 years 10 months ago #34764 by Bublitz
Replied by Bublitz on topic Re: hibernation
Sleep saves the current state in Ram and shutsdown pretty much every piece of hardware it can. This of course still draws some power because ram has to be powered.

Hibernate saves the state to the hard drive and consumes no power. I assume hibernate take more time to start backup because a hd is slower than ram.

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds