Skip to main content

Files recovery

More
14 years 1 month ago #34040 by Finlay
Files recovery was created by Finlay
Hi all;
I have a divx reader with hard disk connected by a wireless network to my PC: while I was renaming some folders the network went down and the folders become files, so now are unreadable.
Now, when I connect the network drive, in the left column I have 8 folders (instead of the 10 that I had before) and two files of 0kb.
Before this problem these two files were two folders containing hundreds of files.
How can I restore them? remember that I don't have a physical access to the drive, only by network.
Thank you

14 years 1 month ago #34044 by Nevins
Replied by Nevins on topic Re: Files recovery
Try refreshing. I know it may sound like a simple answer but simply renaming folders over a network should not cause an issue by itself. My guess is that your not looking at the file how it actually is on the hard drive but as your network connection assumes it is.

Is it possible to get physical access to this drive? I know you said you don't have it but I'm assuming if it's your drive you can get it.

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
14 years 1 month ago #34059 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: Files recovery
If this drive appears as a normal drive letter in windows, you could try a data recovery program. Here are two free ones:

www.snapfiles.com/get/smartrecovery.html
www.snapfiles.com/get/pandorarecovery.html

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 1 month ago #34062 by rizin
Replied by rizin on topic Re: Files recovery

remember that I don't have a physical access to the drive, only by network.

Would you mind clear your above words, since it gives a thought that drive is in restricted access rights.

Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #34140 by jester
Replied by jester on topic Re: Files recovery
Give us some more detail, are the folders converted to files of 0 kb or the folders does not allow you to open them by displaying some kind of error msg?
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds