Skip to main content

A Problem; Cannot Access.......

More
14 years 1 month ago #33839 by talk2sp
People its been long i posted a problem.

I have this strange thing happening on a system within my office. Last nite the user said it told her to wait until it finished installing updates then she could turn off her system and after the update she turned it off. This morning she tried working with the system and it refused to come on. It just shows the windows xp boot screen and then goes blank (black). I tried in tru safe mode and its same thing... (so i can't even run sys restore).

I then used an XP cd to repair and its still same, so then i installed a multiboot (using xp) so i can try and access the other OS. the new installation i did worked perfectly. But i can only access my own account (that is the the same account dt was on same OS) on her system (under documents and settings). But cant access her own account it says access denied.

I am downloading sysinternal tools (Unlocker) to try and see may be i can unlock the folder may be its some npfs security thing. But even if its so how comes i can access mine on same system....

Someone please throw a shout.....

that's why i H**e windows (Please don't "quote" me)

C0DE - 3

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 1 month ago #33840 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic RE: Solution....
Hey People i could have deleted my post but for others who might have issues similar. I solved the misery from Microsoft KB - support.microsoft.com/kb/810881

cheers and thanks for reading...

C0DE - 3

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 1 month ago #33842 by sys-halt
Hey talk2sp, I have faced such problem more than once. Windows Updates and then PC not Booting to Windows.

the way that I usually use to solve it, I have a bootable ERD Commander CD, from which I boot to, it has windows like interface, a cut down version of windows whcih will let you access multiple features including administrative features, it reads your Widnows partition and registry and loads it to you with a basic tweakign tools, like doing system restore or removing latest patches or changing passwords, things like that.

I hope you will get a copy of ERD Commander, which might help you better in the feature instead of installing Windows all over and doing everything from scratch.

good luck,
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds