Skip to main content

Anyone know Exchange 2003?

More
14 years 2 months ago #33603 by Stephanie
I know that Exchange email can be forwarded to external email addresses by the Exchange Administrator. But is it possible for the end user to forward their Exchange domain email to Yahoo or Gmail without involving the Exchange Admin?
More
14 years 2 months ago #33604 by Nevins
You should be able to email from your domain to Hotmail by default unless your admin has set your email up specifically not to do that. It sounds like your domain admin doesn't want you to use company email for non-company stuff.

I.E. you should be able to send email from

First.Last@domain.com to LastF@hotmail.com

Unless your admin doesn't want you to. Chances are if your admin doesn't want you to it's best not to because most companies will keep a record of your email and use it against you when they let you go. I had the unhappy privilege of watching management force me to filter though peoples emails so that they had "dirt" on people they were letting go that were breaking company policies.

Now I'm not trying to tell you not to get around your admin because thats clearly up to you but I would like to remind you that you have a local .psd file which contains all your emails and possibly one hosted on the server if your admin had the disk space.

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
14 years 2 months ago #33605 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic Yes it is possible....
Hello Stephanie infact i was working on this issue yesterday. Under the Yahoo settings page, the account section u can setup a new account that accepts mail from an external mail server to ur yahoo box. It is possible. On the yahoo settings page u just fill in the pop3 and smtp and then the mail server details and it should work...

As for the doing it under the Admins nose am not sure of that... He will figure out. Common he is the Admin.

Cheers

C0DE - 3

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds