Skip to main content

active directory web based authentication?

More
14 years 3 months ago #33250 by floppyraid
Greetings,

another question I have for you :)

i am looking for some sort of (preferably open source, but even if not OSS, i need it to be free) software solution that will help me with this scenario:

i have a windows server domain based network.

i have many workstations that are not capable of joining the domain (like windows xp home machines, and MAC OS X machines). on the Windows XP Home machines, they are continually bothered to enter authentication information whenever the credentials timeout. i would be interested in some sort of software that would run on a locally administered web server (either Apache on a *nix box, or IIS, doesnt matter), provide some sort of web portal where 'non authenticated' users would be redirected to, at which point they could supply their Active Directory credentials and receive some sort of authentication token with a server side customizable timeout.

if you can think of any software that does anything remotely similar please let me know, any help would be appreciated.
More
14 years 3 months ago #33260 by jester
please check the link below ,it may help you to connect the xp home machines directly with out any web based authentication
vowe.net/archives/001639.html
www.x-setup.net/downloads/home.asp
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds