Skip to main content

mail server config .....

More
14 years 5 months ago #32571 by talk2sp
Hello good people. I just wanted to be sure. Configuring a mail server that will only work within the building / facility. It can't be accessed over the internet.

- What are the procedures?

- Its exchange am sure right?

- How will the configuration of smtp and pop be. will i just assign a private port number since i just want it to function internally. the mail will be basically for meetings call up and office stuff...? someone hit me if u feel me?

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 1 month ago #34031 by Bublitz
hmm internal only exchange.

Umm a very easy way you could change the smtp port in Exchange System Manager to something other than 25 like 6789 or some random port you do not use. Block that port outbound on your exchange server or firewall.

Exchange System Manager -> Admin groups -> Your Server -> Protocols -> SMTP -> edit SMTP Virtual Server

or

Exchange System Manager -> Admin groups -> Right Click Routing Groups and create a group (if there is one already skip)

Once a group is there you can make Connectors. You can forward all mail (it does this on external mail) to an ip address or domain. Put in a domain that doesn't exist or a bogus ip address.

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
More
14 years 1 month ago #34037 by talk2sp
Hey Bublitz. first i must say thanks for replying. Its more than 3 months since i made this post and i got no reply. Thanks for replying me today.

I will take note of the points u made in ur reply.

Thanks once again...

Peter (C0DE - 3)

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds