Skip to main content

TS on server 2008... i'm in a lil trouble please help

More
14 years 10 months ago #30528 by talk2sp
Hello guys i checked my client today and when i got there i found out that i could not log on to my server again. the username is still same but the password i set did not get in. I asked him when did all this start and he said well may be the last time i left. and the last time i came here to do a major update, i configured TS.

Please is it TS causing this problem or someone breached my security. cos first the password was not a strong one. Please what is the problem. and how can i get in. I am also trying to use one of my AD user names and password and it says its not enabled to log on (yes it is meant to be like that) meaning it sees the account name but (if then else) else since it's not enabled i cant log on.

Please wat do i do...

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 10 months ago #30529 by timparker
Did you set up the server to allow remote connections? I assume you are TS into a server. If you right click on my Computer, select properties and then the REMOTE tab make sure the option for remote desktop is checked.

I forgot to check a remote server that I set up and totally forgot it. Couldn't get in, I walked someone local to the box and then was able to get in. There is also a button there to make sure you assign the correct users permissions that can Remote in.
More
14 years 10 months ago #30530 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic u dont get it.....
hey man thanks for Ur contribution but u don't get it. i cant log on to my server it self.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
More
14 years 10 months ago #30534 by Alans
I'll say double check with your client, windows 2008 asks for password changes every few weeks, may be they changed the password..
I think you have to use one of the password revovery softwares and then create another admin account for yourself and may be one non-admin for your client

always Face your Fears...
More
14 years 10 months ago #30535 by S0lo
As a last resort, you could try the "offline NT password editor", here:

home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

This is a tool that will create a bootable floppy (or CD) that can change your account's password. I've tried it tons of times on Windows 2000/XP, and it works. But I suggest you try it on a test machine first to make sure it works for you.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 10 months ago #30537 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic update......
guys i have tried all soughts. i am only left with the option to format. {thank God that the whole data base is on drive D} so i will not loose any thing. I will just have to dcpromo again...

Last nite i called Sose and he said it's thus strange.

i used Offline NT password. well it got in but did not see my username...

thanks Guys.

Note:

I figured out today that the boss had a misunderstanding with the former secretary who also had the password to the server. so the secretary left with beef and vex. Corrupted a workstation with a virus called screener, well spy bot has taking care of that.

Thus this teaches us a lesson.

"Thanks guys i will be more careful and em tighter security wider mesh"

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds