Skip to main content

Outlook hangs up every 2 or 3 hours....

More
14 years 10 months ago #30515 by ramachandraraju
Hi,

I am using Outlook 2003 as IMAP client. I am facing a different problem. MY outlook is hanging up for every 2 or 3 hours. I am going to task manager and closing Outlook.
My system OS is XP and Ram is 3Gb and Core 2 duo.

Please help me to solve this problem.
More
14 years 10 months ago #30590 by sys-halt
When you go to Task Manager does it syas Outlook not responding or it says running but in the process list it is taking much CPU power and RAM!

if it is saying not responding I would first start doing basic troubleshooting.:

disable auto send/receive feature, make it manually so when you want to get mails you would have to press the send/receive button yourself. by this way you could monitor and tell if it is still hanging up even if it is not allowed to access the internet all the time.

sometimes it could hang up if it is receiving mail with big attachment! or it could hang up if you you a partially unsent mail still hanging up in the outbox folder.

please review these basic ideas first.

and I would check my restore points for any recent updates or patches related to outlook 2003 or even in the add/remove programs check for outlook updates and patches

maybe windows downloaded a recent update related to your outlook 2003 and it is doing the hangs! if so remove the updates or go to system restore and choose a restore point before such behavior starts to appear in your outlook client.

good luck.
More
13 years 2 months ago #36402 by zlatan24

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2003 as IMAP client. I am facing a different problem. MY outlook is hanging up for every 2 or 3 hours. I am going to task manager and closing Outlook.
My system OS is XP and Ram is 3Gb and Core 2 duo.

Please help me to solve this problem.

My problem is similar to this. And almost every moment I have a good choice for working out any troubles. To my mind next tool should become one of the best determinations in this condition. First it helped me some time ago, second it has quite useful resources such as: recovers data from files in *.ost and *.pst formats, performs a backup copy of your account in *.ost format and some others - fix crc error pst file .
More
13 years 1 month ago #36423 by Bublitz
How big is your .pst file?

Right click on your mailbox then click properties. Then click folder size. I'm giving directions based on outlook 2007 so it might be a little different but you get the jist.

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds