Skip to main content

NTBACKUP

More
20 years 1 month ago #2902 by goldensnake
NTBACKUP was created by goldensnake
All, please share your experience with me if you did face the same problem with me before.

The HP SURESTORE C1537A SCSI Sequential internal device is not performing the backup job since few weeks ago. I am using the windows backup utility to perform daily backup job all the time.

I try to download the utilities from Vendor site and run read/write test, device analysis and everything seems all right, no error is found.

Try to disble the device and reboot the windos 2k server to let it detect device one more time but it still does not solve the problem.
The device manager does not give me any conflict error for this device.

Go to services and stop, start the RRS,but also not solve my problem. Test it to different media but stil the same.

Finally, can see the error in event viewer

Event ID:126
Failed to perform software load of the media'76' in a drive of librabry" HP C1537A SCSI sequential device"

Any idea for it? please advice.
More
19 years 11 months ago #3704 by greyice
Replied by greyice on topic Media
Based on what you've put here, it sound like the s/w application is looking for a tape called "76" in the media pool "HP C1537A SCSI sequential device".

* Does the media pool exist?

* Does the media exist?

* Can you update your backup job to accept any media other than the expected "76"?

NTBACKUP.EXE uses command line options which I use when using this software. I would suggest learning them.

HTH,

Greyice

Greyice

Greyice... There is no more.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds