Skip to main content

External Pasword Problem

More
16 years 5 months ago #23764 by jaiwardhan

Hi there

Sorry, bit of a novice here…

… Recently, an enforcement of a domain password policy was introduced – passwords now need to comply with password complexity requirements. Many users changed their passwords with no problems – except external users – mobile laptop users. While out and about, they type in their password and get nothing - they don't get; you must change your password message.

At the moment, I’m asking them for passwords that meets the requirements and then I implement it on the exchange - is there a way of avoiding that.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

maybe the users are logging on with cached credentials onto the domain.....so they are not getting the new group policy...

searchwinit.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid1_gci968000,00.html
More
15 years 11 months ago #26265 by asab
Replied by asab on topic Re: External Pasword Problem
Sorry for the delay but here is the fix for the problem I had =

www.petri.co.il/enable_password_changing...in_exchange_2003.htm

Thanks for everyone's response

Regards
More
15 years 9 months ago #26705 by quinnyyy

except external users – mobile laptop users. While out and about, they type in their password and get nothing - they don't get; you must change your password message.

Always happens to me, you need to contact all external users and explain to them their password has now been reset to Computer123 for example. Then when they login its possible to manually change password.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds