Skip to main content

Printe issue

More
16 years 8 months ago #22961 by prabhuk
Printe issue was created by prabhuk
Dear all,

I am using HP laserjet 4050TN printer as Network printer. But it not printing all the fonts and Bold letters. But it is printing correctly from my machine and my Colleague. Because we are in the domain administrator group. So Please help me to fix this issue.

Regards.

Prabbu K.
More
16 years 8 months ago #22965 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Printe issue
Is it definitely attached to a Network print queue and listed in AD?
More
16 years 8 months ago #22968 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: Printe issue
I would suspect that the printer's drivers weren't DLed/installed correctly (or didn't install the right one) on the computers that the fonts aren't printing from.

Is the printer attached to a print server and the computers access the printer from the server (print share)? Or did you manually configure the printer on the computers?

K
More
16 years 8 months ago #22969 by prabhuk
Replied by prabhuk on topic Re: Printe issue
Dalight,

It is not necessary to be listed in AD. But I have installed the driver in the Domain conrtoller.

KiLLaBeE,

It is a new HP laserjet 4250 printer. I have installed the proper driver also. All the computers access this printer through the print server(print share).
More
16 years 8 months ago #22974 by prabhuk
Replied by prabhuk on topic Re: Printe issue
Dear all,

One more update on this issue.

I have installed the same printer driver in a separate windows xp PC ( Now this one is print server) and shared as network printer.

Everything is printing well.

But the main constraint is we can not use more than 10 users concurrently in windows xp.

If I install the same Printer in the Domain controller , it is not printing Courier new font and Bold letters. But it is printing correctly for domain administrators.

So I suspect any permissions or rights , I have to change .

The problem is in the domain controller.

If you have any suggestion on this,...............Please.....
More
16 years 8 months ago #22975 by jayveshne
Replied by jayveshne on topic Re: Printe issue
Is this printer PostScript / PCL printer?

If its PCL
See that you have installed "Printer Command Language" printer Driver commonly refered as PCL Driver.
Its a Page description language (PDL) developed by HP as a printer protocol and is default in many printer now days

PCL supports bitmap or TrueType fonts, 8 or 16-bit code points. Choosing character set uses different symbol set code from PCL 5. When bitmap font is used, many scaling commands are unavailable. When TrueType font is used, variable length descriptors, continuation blocks are not supported. Outline font can be rotated, scaled, or sheared.

If its Postscript
Check the correct drivers from manufactures website, postscript is used for fine line art prints, PS are used for compressed prints and this can also embedded fonts or used printer font from its chip.

Also check...
The problem might not be printer at all, formats like PDF and Doc use substitue fonts if the primary fonts are not available in system.
Often lots of PDF file come with embeded fonts in it.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds