Skip to main content

Problem with laptop

More
17 years 3 months ago #19825 by nmap
Problem with laptop was created by nmap
I Bought A New laptop Just three months ago.Now there is some problem whenever I tries to copy a folder using "Ctrl+V". The Laptop hangs for some time and whole window is refreshed and gets closed automatically.I have Norton Antivirus.I did system scan and found no virus.I keep Updating my antivirus every week or so.still i am facing this problem. please help. :roll:
More
17 years 3 months ago #19830 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Problem with laptop
Does this do it in Safe Mode ? I would run msconfig and try to disable some of the unnecessary stuff from running at boot up. I would definatley disable your Norton and anything else the loads into the system tray. I would disable everything that you can and see if it still does it.

If it does still do it, then reload the OS is probably the best idea (or try a system restore if you have one previous to when you noticed the issue).

If it doesn't do it then re-introduce items systematically until you have identified the culprit.

Cheers

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 2 months ago #19962 by tkorn
Replied by tkorn on topic Re: Problem with laptop
Hi
Please use HirensBoot (search in google) to check disk, maybe disk have bad sectors or RAM have bugs :)

cheers :)
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds