Skip to main content

Server 2003 Sender Policy Framework

More
17 years 9 months ago #15969 by rojaco01
Hello all,

I am trying to setup SPF on my 2003 server but I can't seem to make it work despite how easy it seems to be...

I'm using openspf.org wizard to setup my spf record which I have:
v=spf1 a mx -all

I put this into my dns records on my server like so:
open example.net, right click add "Other new record" and select "Text"

In that text file I add my line (v=spf1 a mx -all) and save it. As far as I know this should do it...but when i go to dnsreport.com and run my domain agianst that I still get a warning saying there is no spf record for my domain.

Any help would be appreciatted for this annoying problem.

Thanks,
Cody
More
17 years 9 months ago #15973 by FallenZer0
To configure SPF records in the Windows Server 2003 DNS, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click DNS.

2. In the left pane, expand the DNS server object, and then expand Forward Lookup Zones.

3. Right-click the domain folder to which you want to add the SPF record, and then click Other New Records.

4. In the Select a resource record type list, click Text (TXT), and then click Create Record.

5. If you add a record for the parent domain, leave the Record name box blank. If you do not add a record for the parent domain, type the single part name of the domain in the Record name box.

6. In the Text box, type v=spf1 mx -all.

7. Click OK, and then click Done.

Source: support.microsoft.com/?kbid=912716&SD=tech

Compare what your line in the Text Box with Step-6 above. I see an additional character 'a' in yours. I don't know if it makes any difference, but thought I would point out.

Thanks
FallenZer0

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
17 years 8 months ago #16011 by rojaco01
I know it should work just that easy but for some reason It's not showing up at dnsreport.com. I'm sure its something wrong with our DNS setup but I'm hoping someone has seen a similiar problem.

Thanks for you help,
Cody
More
17 years 8 months ago #16033 by Cheetah
Hi

'a' or no 'a' that depends on what options you chose at OpenSPF to create your SPF record.

You should put the SPF record in double quotes. Your spf record should be something like this. "v=spf1 a mx ~all"

Hope this helps.

- Cheetah

Kind Regards,
<b>Cheetah</b>
<i>The outcome of devotion is, quality!</i>
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds