Skip to main content

Virus

More
20 years 5 months ago #1592 by nirmalkumars
Virus was created by nirmalkumars
Iam unable to CUT,COPY and PASTE in my machine. Couple of months back I read it in a National Daily about this virus and the patch to be downloaded from Microsoft site and apply. Somehow I missed the newspapaer. What is the name of hte virus? What has to be done to remove the virus permanently from my machine?

Thanx
More
20 years 5 months ago #1594 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: Virus
Have you done a virus scan on your computer to see if you have a virus?

There is some stuff on the web talking about your problem. You may be talking about the blaster worm.

This page talks about the w32.blaster.worm

sillydog.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2864&start=0

In there they talk about looking at your /SYSTEM32 folder for a file called msblast.exe

It also says to make sure you have a particular security patch installed. You can get this from:

www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/defau...ulletin/MS03-026.asp

Here is a more detailed discription of the Blaster worm on the symantec site (but it doesn't mention the cut copy paste problem).

securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/v...32.blaster.worm.html

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 5 months ago #1599 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Virus
You should try and scan by booting from a CD. If you've got blaster, the machine may reboot occasionally or give you trouble getting online.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 5 months ago #1605 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: Virus
I don't know if he is infected or just trying to get information, but if he is having trouble cut, copy and pasting, I assume he is online and running programs.

But you're right, he should run a scan to see if anything is there. Also, make sure your virus definitions are up to date.

Thanks,

Tom
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds