Skip to main content

Run automated task for domain users? How?

More
17 years 9 months ago #15703 by Fly4High
Hi all techies, gurus...

I'm quite novice at technical, need some help from u guys!

I just want to know how to make my LAN users PC run the automated task(defragmentation, backup computer...) by using batch files or some other techniques...?
Any suggestions are welcome! Pls kindly help!
Many thanks!

Note: My LAN have a dpc running Win2k3 server, my LAN users running WinXP Pro.
More
17 years 9 months ago #15728 by Starfire
Scheduling in XP is done through the Task Scheduler.
(Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Scheduled Tasks)
These tasks can be batch files, programs in the windows directory, etc. You could send a house keeping batch file down at login from the server and configure each PC to run that batch file whatever the interval. Then you could just modify what all your PCs will do by changing that file on the server.

It also may be worth investigating if you could say save a backup configuration and then schedule that config file to see if when you run that it automatically runs the main program with those settings.

A better way of doing backups though would be to make everyone save on the server in secure areas and then just backup the server.

Have a look at that and try out the "Add scheduled Task" and you'll be able to figure out the rest.
More
17 years 9 months ago #15762 by Fly4High
Yeah, you right, it should be like that, it's also my purpose, just want to do the data warehousing things to keep the company's data safe.

I can try to investigate more on schedule task and may write some batchs but it would be more efficient and save time if someone can provide me the exist batch files that they already had that may match my concern.

Anyway, thanks for replying!
More
17 years 9 months ago #15763 by FallenZer0

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
17 years 9 months ago #15802 by Fly4High
Thanks a lot!
That would help much! Great!
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds