Skip to main content

WIRELESS NETWORK PROBLEM HELP NEEDED

More
18 years 5 months ago #11258 by lan2wan
Hi All,
I just purchased Trend Micro's OfficeScan for my network. I successfully Installed it on my serever (WIN2K3). However, when I tried to install on clients, Ifound out I could not because OfficeScan could not find the computers on the network.
I tried to ping the clients from the Server and it timed out all the time. However, I am able to print the server from the clients and to see the whole network includeing the server from the clients.
I also discovered that the clients cannot ping each other although when I go to my network places, I see all the computers on the network.
Finally, my laptop can ping the server and printer but it is having a hard time pinging the router (Linksys WRT54GX). It drops 3 out of every 4 packets sent when I ping the router from my laptop.
I have internet access on all the computers but I am unable to Install officeScan from the Server. I guess because the server cannot see the clients on the network.
Can someone please help me resolve this problem?
All the clients including my laptop are running Win XP SP2
Thank you
More
18 years 5 months ago #11259 by DaLight
Just a few questions lan2wan.

1. Which machine handles your DHCP, DNS - Win2K3 server or Linksys router?
2. I run Trend Office Scan on my network and it is easier to install from the clients by accessing a webpage published by the OfficeScan server. Usually located at "http://servername/officescan/"
3. Do all the machines on your network communicate wirelessly (including the server) ?
More
18 years 5 months ago #11266 by RedRanger
Hey, it really depends on the topology that you have also. Your bound to have some computers in your house that are wired, and maybe they are connected through a switch that connects to the router. Try to eliminate the switch if you have one. Make direct connections with your router. Make sure that you have the right subnet mask and dhcp is enabled.

RedRanger

"I'd Rather You Hate Me For Everything I Am Than Love Me For Something I'm Not."

Be Awesome
More
18 years 5 months ago #11273 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Problem
Hi Lan2Wan, nice to see you back on the forums
I might be making a big assumption here, but is the built-in firewall active on the XP clients? If this was blocking access from your server it could account for almost all of your problems
More
18 years 5 months ago #11278 by DaLight
Good point, Bishop!
More
18 years 5 months ago #11292 by RedRanger
Word to yo motha.

RedRanger

"I'd Rather You Hate Me For Everything I Am Than Love Me For Something I'm Not."

Be Awesome
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds