Skip to main content

fedora core 2 as an email server

More
19 years 3 months ago #6906 by jhun
Hi to all linux gurus,

i just want to know if there is anyone who knows any tutorial on how to instlall a web base email service on fedora core 2...

so far, i've insalled squirrel mail (for web mail using IMAP), Postfix, and qpopper, however i'm having difficulty in qpopper which is when i invoke the "./configure", "make" and "make install" command it sends me out an error. also, how may i install the imap service on fedora as it seems unavailable and does not show at the services when i try ntsysv at the command line..

any help would be appreciated...thanks a bunch
More
19 years 3 months ago #6911 by nske
check www.qmailrocks.org

They provide a good step-by-step guide for installing qmail along with some important relative software. :)
More
19 years 3 months ago #6913 by MezzUp
Might want to check this one out:
wiki.arslinux.com/Mail_Server_FAQ
More
19 years 3 months ago #6930 by jhun
thanks for the links guys.... :D ...i'll try and see if i can make it work :roll:
More
19 years 3 months ago #6967 by jhun
hi again,

well i manage to setup Fedora as a webmail server using Postfix, Squirrelmail, and dovecot as its main components. There is no problem in logging in thru a web browser client and sending emails, the problem is when receiving emails. somehow it does no retieve emails. if anyone has suggestions or possible solutions please post it in this thread...thanks again...
More
19 years 3 months ago #6975 by nske
It would help if you checked at the postfix logs and posted any relative output. One possibility is that your mailserver receives the mail message and discards it for some reason, in which case an output message should be generated at the proper log.

One other possibility, is that the message never finds it's path to the mailserver, because of dns misconfiguration. Are you sure there is an MX record for your domain pointing to the domain name of your mailserver (and an A record resolving your mailserver's domain name to his IP address)?
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds