Skip to main content

Problem during installation

More
19 years 5 months ago #5818 by babarali
hi guys....
i am installing Linux7.2 as dual boot with win2k professional. i have harddisk of 60GB with 1 primary partition and an extended partion with logical drive "d:". before installing Linux as a dualboot with win2k professional i deleted extended partion to get some free space. so the current disk status is
1. Primary partition " c: ".
2. Extended partion with logical drive "d:".
3. and free space of almost 8GB.

after doing this i begin installing linux on free space but during disk partiotion using "Disk durid" it give me error while making /root or /boot partition, and dont allow me to create partition.

can anyone guide me to solve this problem.
i am waiting for reply........................ :!:
More
19 years 5 months ago #5819 by sahirh
What was the exact error it gave you ?
You might consider using partition magic which has an option to partition your disk for multiple OS's

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 5 months ago #5823 by babarali

What was the exact error it gave you ?
You might consider using partition magic which has an option to partition your disk for multiple OS's

Asalam-u-Alikum !
sahirh ! i dont remember the exact error but its something like " "/" or "/boot" cannot meet the booting constraints ......" well another thing i want to share that . when i delet the Extended partion of window2000 and use only 1primary partion on which window2000 is installed and remaining is free space then it allow me to install linux on free space. but with 1 primary partion and extended partion it does'nt allow me to install on free space.

i dont know what exactly the problem is...just i can tell u is the situation and can wait for a good solution with good reason of why it was happening sooo...

Kind Regards,
More
19 years 5 months ago #5825 by FallenZer0

i dont know what exactly the problem is...just i can tell u is the situation and can wait for a good solution with good reason of why it was happening sooo...

Kind Regards,

--If You don't know what *exactly* the problem is. . . . . . and expect good solution with good reason. Amigo, take the time to read/write the error messages on a piece of paper and post it. Can you re-create the error and if you can post the error message. Enough Said.

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
19 years 5 months ago #5831 by FallenZer0

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds