Skip to main content

Linux installation problem

More
20 years 10 months ago #52 by papsi
Hi there,
I have got this message whiles I was installing Linux Red Hat 7.3 and then I got this message which has stop the process.
(Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 09:00. I do not understand this message is there any one who can help me. I need to install Linux to build a web server for my final exams. <A HREF="mailto:skolearbejd@yahoo.co.uk">skolearbejd@yahoo.co.uk

Samuel Attah
More
20 years 10 months ago #53 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Linux installation problem
Samuel,

Your message indicates that the linux Kernel was not aboe to mount your file system on the hard drive.

When linux boots, it will mount the available or listed file systems, in other words, it will load them and give the specified users access to the various partitions.

Since your pc has come up with that error, it possible that something wired is happening. Since it sounds like a fresh installation, I would advise you to reinstall and let the system automatically define the partitions (in the case your not too sure about them). Also, if your using a large hard drive, over 8 gigs, make sure LBA is enabled for the drive via your BIOS.

For more information on your error, simply do a quick search on google.com

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds