Skip to main content

Issues with Ubuntu 9.04 Server

More
14 years 6 months ago #32479 by talk2sp
Hey people i don't know who has installed and used ubuntu 9.04 server. I am having a problem configuring my internet ip address. may be there is some steps me missing....

I have 3 network cards. (making use of 2 now).
NIC1(eth0) is connection to the internet modem
NIC2(eth1) is connection to the network switch (unmanged)

I will appreciate a quick response. i have already gotten my eth1 running DHCP.. it's my eth0 i am getting stuck up.

Lest i forget can i access my Ubuntu server like i can access my Pfsense server tru a workstation browser?

it's me.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 6 months ago #32484 by sys-halt
Hi talk2sp, please can u elaborate more in your explanation for the problem. are you unable to assign IP address to your eth0? you are saying that it is connected directly to a modem. does the modem have dhcp on it configured and your eth0 is not getting the pushed IP?

or maybe your server is not seeing eth0 properly and not able to configure the hardware. I once faced this problem. the driver for my NIC was there installed by default but the NIC was not functioning until I got the newest driver from Intel and install it.

or maybe everything is setup good onto your server but the routing has a problem.

not to throw many ideas without a known issue, so please provide us with little more details, thank you
More
14 years 6 months ago #32491 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic alright syshalt...
sys-halt thanks for replying, am working around it again.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds