Skip to main content

NAT

More
16 years 11 months ago #21757 by starcycle
NAT was created by starcycle
how to do NAT on ipcop linux? i visit some web site for the security, it says it can read private IP. that has me worry. is there way to prevent from reading private IPs?

please excuse for my English, thank you.
More
16 years 10 months ago #22190 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: NAT
I'm very certain that IPcop doesn't provide any way for someone in the external network to detect the private addresses of hosts in the local network (that wouldn't make any sense). Can you post a link to the article where you read this?

As for how exactly you can configure IPcop to do Source NAT, I'm not familiar with IPcop's web interface, and I can't find it at the documentation (perhaps they don't mention it because it's too obvious or perhaps they use different terminology), however you can always configure IPtables directly to do NAT as described in the NAT HowTo at the Netfilter's documentation. To do that, you must login at the IPcop box using SSH, as described here .

Destination NAT is covered at IPcop's documentation as "Port Forwarding".

Sorry for the late reply.
More
16 years 10 months ago #22195 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: NAT

i visit some web site for the security, it says it can read private IP. that has me worry. is there way to prevent from reading private IPs?

I think you're referring to JavaScript code from the website that runs on your local machine and exposes your machine details.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds