Skip to main content

iptables error and tranparent proxy

More
16 years 11 months ago #21566 by anu2
Hello friends

1) i had installed fc4 : squid proxy on same machine
2) i want to configure tranparent proxy for four different department should access internet using different port.
3) can it possible to forword request comming from different department will routered to different port using tranparent proxy
4) one more question that whenever i start iptables service , i got error " iptables fail" , how to solve it

Regards
anuradha

Anu

System administrator
More
16 years 11 months ago #21867 by taqqi14
Hi Anu!

Transparent proxy means any web request (of port 80) will be redirected to the port on which squid is running ( 3128 default) so if u'll enable transparent proxy iptables shud be able to redirect the traffic for port 80 to the port onwhich squid is running...squid can only run on one port so squid running on multiple ports is not possible.....If u r getting iptables fail problem...try to reinstall iptables RPM from rpmfind.net or rpm.pbone.net site.

Hope it helps

Rgds
Taqqi
shahzad
More
16 years 11 months ago #21879 by semper

Hello friends

1) i had installed fc4 : squid proxy on same machine
2) i want to configure tranparent proxy for four different department should access internet using different port.
3) can it possible to forword request comming from different department will routered to different port using tranparent proxy
4) one more question that whenever i start iptables service , i got error " iptables fail" , how to solve it

Regards
anuradha

Man Pages are your Friend

So you want to redirect port 80 requests to your squid server via iptables?

If you are getting errors when trying to start iptables then your syntax is not correct in your firewall configuration. We can't help you fix that unless you show us your iptables configuration.

A book that I've found useful for working with iptables is: Redhat Linux Firewalls
More
16 years 11 months ago #21888 by taqqi14
More
16 years 10 months ago #22113 by SmartDude
I guess you can't assign different ports for differnet depts. Its not use in practical.

Share the Knowledge, make a master being a Master...
Best Regards,
SmartDude
More
16 years 10 months ago #22189 by nske
I didn't understand what you mean, however IPtables is the most flexible firewall I've ever seen. If something can be done, it can be done with IPtables!
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds