Skip to main content

ipcop configuration details

More
17 years 7 months ago #17301 by anu2
Hello friends
i already installed ipcop on machine and also configure red and green zone , but i want to know how to proceed further.
1) to limit internet access using ipaddress
2) content filtering
3) time restriction for internet access

Anu

System administrator
More
17 years 7 months ago #17305 by Dove
Hi Anu,
Hope this URL will help you to configure further.

www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1556

Dove
More
17 years 7 months ago #17312 by DaLight

Hi Anu,
Hope this URL will help you to configure further.

www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1556

Unfortunately, the referenced article covers an outdated version of IPCOP 0.1.1. Current version is 1.4.11.

Anu2, a useful reference is the IPCOP admin guide .
Now to answer your questions, IPCOP will do what you want with the help of a changes to ac couple of config files and the installation of an add-on.
1. First of all, confirm that machines in the GREEN zone can access the internet without any problems.
2. You will need to add a custom rule to your /etc/rc.d/rc.local file as follows:[code:1]
#!/bin/sh
#variables defined therein
. /var/ipcop/ethernet/settings

# Flush Custom Input Rules
/sbin/iptables -F CUSTOMINPUT
/sbin/iptables -F CUSTOMFORWARD

# shorthand helper
IPT="/sbin/iptables"

#bar access for all other IPs
$IPT -A CUSTOMFORWARD -i $GREEN_DEV -o $RED_DEV -j DROP[/code:1]This blocks all direct IP access to the internet for all clients on GREEN, which forces them to use the Proxy service(Squid) on your IPCOP.
3. You will then need to enable the Proxy Service by accessing the Services/Proxy menu option, and enter the IPCOP's details in the proxy server settings on the clients' web browsers.

At this point, all your clients will have full internet access, but only through the IPCOP's Proxy service.

When you have completed the above, post back for further instructions.
More
17 years 5 months ago #18147 by jhun
hi dalight,

i just wanted to ask if ipcop is capable of a Qos type of feature? like how to limit bandwidth usage from downloads and online gaming? we have a network wherein downloads are very rampant and we wish to minimize it by an implementation of ipcop. of course the firewall side of ipcop is there but would it be possible for ipcop to handle Qos tasks? any suggestions on this?
thank you...
More
17 years 5 months ago #18167 by DaLight
There is a traffic shaping GUI which can be found under the "Services/Traffic Shaping" menu. It is not very comprehensive, but it allows you to control upload and download speeds in addition to priotising services by the ports they run on.

If the above option is not adequate, you can check out this thread from about a year ago.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds