Skip to main content

Linux Installation in SATA drivers

More
18 years 3 months ago #12872 by walsh49
Hi,

I have a MSI mother board Intel 915PL Neo-V chipset & the HDD what iam using is the SATA drive I am trying to install the Linux in that I am not able to do it, it says i need the device drivers but I check with Seagate but they said its from the motherboard manufacture.

I tried with MSI but o proper result, So please can any one help me in getting thid done. I am a beginner in Linux I want to install & lear

So please any from u folks would be helpfull

Thanks & Regards
Mike :)
More
18 years 3 months ago #12875 by drizzle
nnbnbnnbnbWhat distribution of linux are you using? Try using knoppix www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html . You can make a LiveCD that you can boot off and at least play with Linux to try it out.

You might want to check out distrowatch distrowatch.com/ . They have good reviews on just about every flavor of Linux.

One thing you have to learn about linux is that it can be picky with hardware. Although, it has gotten a lot better recently and most of the popular flavors should support your hardware. I would try out OpenSuse or Fedora. They both have great communities with tons of documentation to help you out if you run into problems.

Drew
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds