Skip to main content

Firewall Birthday Blast

More
18 years 9 months ago #9037 by ping
Replied by ping on topic Re: Firewall Birthday Blast
Really lucky you guys, all of your's birthdays are coming but look and me would you!!!!

Mine just went on 26th June (Belive me) By the way i had my birthday gift on 25th June.

On that day i was finally garduated and got my Bachlors Degree BCA (bachlors in computer application).

And i had performed out of my own expectation and got 75% what many of you call grade "A".

By the way it was very nice to hear from you all members.

Cris we should start that automated service even if birthdate is not asked then we should make it enable and ask each member to enter his/her DOB (Date Of Birth) after login first time after the feature is enabled.

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
18 years 9 months ago #9038 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: Firewall Birthday Blast
Hi Folks,

Interesting idea !!

Mine is the 22nd December, near to Christmas. So you could get me a nice big Landrover, or a Big Christmas Present !!!!
More
18 years 9 months ago #9041 by eddydreni
You would have to create an option in the "Your Account" > "Your information" page that would ask us to input our birthday. Then you'd have to edit the PHP sessions and database stuff. Then make a system on the main page that will check all of the members dates and depending on if it matches the actual date and the users birth date, it will shows on the main page, "Happy birthday to:" etc,etc.
More
18 years 9 months ago #9045 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Firewall Birthday Blast
nah.. I don't find it wise to perform surgeries on the php nuke. Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
More
18 years 9 months ago #9053 by eddydreni
Yeah, that or get a module that comes with phpnuke.

I still wonder why this site is run on PHPNuke, considering all the exploits PHPNuke has..
More
18 years 9 months ago #9060 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Firewall Birthday Blast
Which other content management system would you suggest Eddy.

Either way, we run a fairly tight shop. There are multiple layers of defense to prevent attacks against PHP. Of course the most important thing is regular updating, which we stick by.

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds