Skip to main content

Music

More
19 years 7 months ago #5296 by sLz
Replied by sLz on topic Re: Music
Even though I don't play any instruments of my own, I'm very picky when it comes to music, loud is not always the best for me, the primary qualities I look for is the lyrics, a song without a decent set of lyrics behind it is like a computer without IP - no destination. I have listened, and still have some of laurie's preferred music festering on my hard-drives, Nile, Anaal Nathrakh and Immortal, however they never seem to deliver when it comes to the lyrics, just seems to be noise, even though I do like metal very much, and wouldn't swap it for anything, not even a bag of candy. My life is dominated by bands such as:

Sinergy - Powerful, profound lyrics
Nightwish - Power Symphonic, lyrics are well thought
Opeth - Sheer brilliance, lyrics and the music variation is superb
Lacuna Coil - New to these, they seem to deliver
Katatonia - (Not the UK Welsh band), never found a band to beat these on lyrics, music style changes from each album, very good.

As well as different types of metal I always like to dabble in technical music too, usually computer generated such as Teque and Adam Fielding. Music has always been my escape.
More
19 years 7 months ago #5298 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Music
I agree, lyrics are crucial - otherwise what's the point of the song? However every now and again a track comes along that is just so brilliant that pathetic or even non-existent lyrics can be overlooked. For example, I once heard a track by a punk artist called Pat Nobody. The track was titled 'Dissertation', which of course is a highly intelligent and learned exposition of some kind. So the lyrics to the whole track were nonsense syllables and words delivered as only a crazed punk singer (singer?) can do them. It was superb!
More
19 years 7 months ago #5299 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Music
Two words....

Dream Theater

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 7 months ago #5302 by sLz
Replied by sLz on topic Re: Music
Ouch! Hit the nail on the head there sahirh, I adore Dream Theater, I feel so guility for not mentioning them in my list, they're well up there with Katatonia on lyrics and music.

Music to my ears - literally. Petrucci is the one of the finest musicians i've ever come across.
More
19 years 7 months ago #5317 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Music
Yes, Petrucci and Jordan Rudess are probably among the most gifted composers on the planet.. have you heard the guitars and keys section somewhere towards the end of Blind Faith ? Probably the best 45 seconds of music I've ever heard !

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 7 months ago #5324 by The_Berzerker
Replied by The_Berzerker on topic Re: Music
The Berzerker
Machine Head
Otep
and many many more
(Proud to be a Metal Head)
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds