Skip to main content

Monitor Not going on every morning

More
19 years 10 months ago #4034 by chandak76
Hi,Hope I'm in the correct forum.I've got this problem,every morning when I get to work and start my pc the monitor doesn't go on,I have to switch the computer on and off a couple of times before it can go on.I've tried a different scree but the problem i still there.I've got an onboard xfx card on a xfx motherboard.
What could be the problem.

Thanks in advance
More
19 years 10 months ago #4036 by sahirh
Does the system boot ? Do you hear any wierd beeps when you try to startup ?

It seems likely that the monitor power source is loose or dying. It could be the power supply itself.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 10 months ago #4038 by Jack
ChanDak76 –

You state “I have to switch the computer on and off a couple of times before it can go on. “ and “I've tried a different scree but the problem i still there “

So this is telling me that the issue may not lay with the monitor because you have two (2) monitors with the same result. So now we need to look at the video card its self.

You state the video card is built on board, which is not my preference.
During boot up you do not see any text on the screen from the BIOS or manufacture? Do you normal see this? If you do then we are back at the on board video card.

First do the easy thing, double check the video card and monitor jacks aren’t bent or cluttered by any debris.

Most motherboards that have built on cards allow you to either manually jumper or via BIOS to turn them off, if this is possible that will be your next step, try an external video card.
If the computer is at least a PII 400 then you might need to conduct this test with a PCI card as ISA about this time kinda chokes.

Good Luck.

Jack Burgess,
Firewall.cx Staff
News Editor / Forum Moderator
www.jacksjunk.com
More
19 years 10 months ago #4056 by chandak76
Replied by chandak76 on topic chandak76
Tried a couple of things but to no avail.When i leave the computer on and come back he nex day it sems to be working fine.Maybe its something to do with the motherboard that needs to warmup.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds