Skip to main content

need advice please

More
13 years 3 months ago #35999 by saied
need advice please was created by saied
hello im a 21 year old student thats currently going to college for medicine. however i dont think im going to continue doing this and i want to go into computers. i have actually been pretty good with computers and networking( A+ and N+ certified) and have found a couple of jobs here and there. however i want to gett my ccna, and the other higher certs. how is the job market and can you find one real fast. should i even go into networking?
thanks
More
13 years 3 months ago #36002 by rizin
Replied by rizin on topic Re: need advice please
hi saied,

It is totally depends on your interest of studies.

First give me the explanation for your following sentences

i dont think im going to continue doing this and i want to go into computers.

What made you to think quit medicine ?
If you wanna looking for money better stick with medicine, If you wanna fulfill your choice of interest and earn money, Welcome to the world of Computer Networking :)

Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean
More
13 years 3 months ago #36008 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: need advice please
I think this career guide is meant for you
www.lulu.com/items/volume_68/9401000/940...R_IT_CAREER_PATH.pdf
More
13 years 3 months ago #36025 by saied
Replied by saied on topic Re: need advice please
thanks to both of you. im leaving medicine because it aint for me( even tho i like biology alot) i find computers and networking alot more intresting and got myself a cisco switch and have bee reading some CCNA books and i love configuring them devices.
but im worried that i will get my ccna and stuff but since because there is bad economy i will not be able to get any jobs. so do you guys think the job market will open? i know companies would rather have people with experience but its hard getting some experience when no one is hiring
thanks
More
13 years 3 months ago #36034 by rizin
Replied by rizin on topic Re: need advice please
Hi,

If you are really strong in theory after CCNA, Companies will hire you surely with NO Doubt, However as a fresher to play around with Cisco book, I recommend you to read ''Todd Lammle''.
Do not bring any other stuff in your mind While you are pursuing your CCNA or after since it will ruin your career once you lost your touch with studies, mentioned your email-address so that i can send PDF copy of above book.

Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds