Skip to main content

Suggestion for the site...

More
15 years 2 months ago #29064 by NeoTech
Hey guys, i was just sitting here, late at night, thinking about this cool site and thought it would be awesome if we could get a live chat room feature going, members only. Does that sound like a good idea?
I personally think it would be very beneficial to be able to talk to online members in real time. Ofcourse the guys that run the site would have to do all the work but i wouldn't mind hearing what other people think of this idea, especially the site moderators.

Perhaps you've thought of it before but decided against it for some reason or there already is one which im missing, lol.
Either way, i'd be interested to hear it :)

NeoTech.

Neo
Tech
More
15 years 2 months ago #29068 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic well i guess....
i guess thats why the provision of pm(private messenger) was made available so u can send a quick private message. ur idea is ok but i feel the administrators do not want much rowdy stuff / content on the site...

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
15 years 2 months ago #29076 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: Suggestion for the site...
from my observation, chat forum opinions are volatile which defeats the aim of this project. I recently responded to a post posted in 2003 , now you know what I mean. this place is a gold mine for reseach
More
15 years 2 months ago #29087 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic exactly....
Yeah Sose, u used the right words

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
15 years 2 months ago #29106 by NeoTech
I guess thats fair enough, people could easily mis-use the chat rooms, which is why i said members only. I was just thinking it would be nice to chat with members live, bounce some muses about networking topics off eachother and stuff. Plus if anyone was stuck at work or anything it could be a great resource if you could speak to someone that may have run into the same problem. Everything on this site is awesome but it would be impossible for it to cover everything.

I get what you mean about the PMs but its not so easy to notice you have one if you dont refresh or change pages often.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Neo
Tech
More
15 years 2 months ago #29107 by KiLLaBeE
NeoTech, your suggestion is good...I've actually thought about the value live chat would add to the site.

I find it mind blowing when people reply with "that's what PM (or email) is for" when other people suggest quick communication options such as live chat as a form of communication. It's like suggesting that people send letter mails to others for the purpose of conversation rather than using a telephone for conversation. In all aspects, live chat is light years away from communication technologies such as PMs and emails....in fact, business are implementing chat systems internally for the purpose of quick communication (that isn't offered by even phone calls nowadays in the fast-paced business world).

Ending my rant on PMs vs live chat.........NeoTech understands the benefits, convenience, and other aspects that make live chat better than PM, that's why he made this suggestion...but he may not have thoroughly related his suggestion to the "goal" of the site (like sose mentioned).

I think live chat would take discussion topics away from the forum component of this site and instead into to the chat room, where the same quality responses and suggestions aren't provided and not recorded for later search engine retrieval (when a random surfer on the Net is looking for an answer to something ;-) )
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds