Skip to main content

IIS 7.0

More
15 years 8 months ago #27012 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic still no joy
Hi Solo, tried using different port numbers, it still keeps on doing the same thing.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
15 years 8 months ago #27013 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: IIS 7.0
You have to type the port number after the URL in the browser like this:

http://<server-name-or-ip>:<port_number>

So for example your server ip is 10.1.1.1 and you used port 49222. So you need to type this in the URL box:

http://10.1.1.1:49222

If you don't do this your browser will default to using port 80 and you will end up landing at your first site.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 8 months ago #27014 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic found the solution
I figured out the problem, I had to add the new websites under the default application pool. Now with that in, I can place anything anwhere. And also, having put in that bit, and running SQL statements that updates and inserts data into tables, I had to let the default users have access to the SQL databases. That did it in the end.
Now adding new websites is not a problem anymoreThe port is not an issue anymore as I can keep on using port 80, no matter where the physical folders are.
Thanks for the help anyway.

More
15 years 8 months ago #27015 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: IIS 7.0
Great!!

Silly my info is obviously outdated since this was the way to go in IIS 5.0. Although I also forgot to tell you that you could have done it with a virtual folder, not sure if thats available in IIS 7.0. Any way, I personally use Appache now.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 8 months ago #27018 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic virtual folders
The virtual folder concept is still there, but with the new IIS (i.e. ver. 7.0), the default application pool is so much configurable that I personally have taken a liking for it. I'd rather have strict physical folders structure and add the base application to the main application pool. That way I can pick and choose which of them I want to run on x32 bit architecture, and which ones I want to run on x64 bit (as you can do both now).

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds