Skip to main content

How to succeed in personality tests?

More
15 years 10 months ago #26465 by nathaniel11
I'm doing a lot of job interviews these days. I'm applying for software development posts. I've recently earned my B.Sc. in CS, and this is my first serious job hunt ever. What sorts of questions are asked in a Personality Test? I'd appreciate any tips that can help me pass such a test successfully.
More
15 years 10 months ago #26466 by KiLLaBeE
Don't get too focused on trying to determine what kind of questions the tests have. Be honest with yourself in answering them. Keep a positive mind and answer them with a "what's best for the business" mentality.

Keep in mind that, theoretically, if you truely don't answer the questions to the company's favor, then it means that your personality isn't compatible with what the company is expecting or the company's culture and environment...in which case you can ask yourself if you would still be successful/happy in the company if you cheated through the questions.

I have had personality tests but I didn't have any when I was promoted to IT, so I can't give you specific examples.
More
15 years 10 months ago #26481 by andrewhulk
I'd just be as honest as possible. Your employer may value that above what some silly personality test says. I'll bet the personality test is just to weed out those who may have MAJOR incompatibility problems with people, so as long as you don't have a known history of social problems, I think you'll do fine.

Personality Testing
More
15 years 2 months ago #29344 by NeoTech
Im practically a hermit. I prefer time alone and im very introvert but i can mix quite happily with most people. I also worry about stuff like that myself. I think most people in IT are probably like that to be honest.

The odds are they have a lot of people like you that are on the team already. The important thing is that you dont wory about it all too much, just relax, be honest and be yourself.

That's why they give those tests in the first place though. If you cheat it, they may think you're somebody that isn't you and things wont go so well when you get a job because they may stick you somewhere you're not going to be happy.

Bottom line; Dont even think about it, just answer each question as it comes to you.

Neo
Tech
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds