Skip to main content

IT jobs... Are they still most wanted?

More
16 years 3 months ago #24960 by Alans
Hi,

I just want to know what are your opinion of IT jobs these days, I mean are they still most wanted and higher salaries or no?
If it's not which is my opinion, why? and what is now most wanted? I noticed here in the "Meet the team" section that some of them are Electrical Engineer, so I wonder which one is better now, being Engineer or working in IT fields?

regards,

always Face your Fears...
More
16 years 3 months ago #24961 by sose
you did not tell specifically your opinion if you think IT jobs are no longer the most wanted. well, let me take i t that you think elec engineering is more wanted than IT jobs.

My aurgument
there is something you are mistaken about IT. IT is like a pen, you use it to write anything you like. every activity of mankind requires the support of IT . It make works faster, convenient and more efficient , and as it was discovered few decades ago: the market is yet to be saturated.

electrical eng was discovered centuries ago and the market has normalised.

but forget about the long story since we are not politicians ,and lets be more scientific and get into the lab.

test experiment and control experiment

test experiment
get a computer with internet connection. go to yahoo jobs and sign in for job alert. you can couple this alert with four other job sites. register for IT jobs and register elec eng jobs in the same sites if possible as a control experiment . watch the two alert inputs compare the number alerts per day and do the rest of the arithmetic

just sose
long live firewall.cx
More
16 years 3 months ago #24963 by TheBishop
Heh.
Every activity of mankind requires electricity too, including IT.
The world will always need midwives, funeral directors and engineers
More
16 years 3 months ago #24977 by The_Berzerker
Guys, I will give you a better clue. Information systems, have existed even before the term was devised and don't need any technology or electricity to function :)

Alans, to try and answer your question, it really depends on the market and the country that you reside. For example, in the UK current reports say that IT staff are currently very sought after, thus well payed. What is better is not to think of salary for a bit, and find what really interests you and drives your enthusiasm. In the end it's not everything about money, a part of you needs also to feel happy with what you are doing.
More
16 years 3 months ago #25018 by Alans

electrical eng was discovered centuries ago and the market has normalised

I think its same thing with IT now, too many people working in IT, too many resources and almost salaries are reduced comparing 5~10 years ago.

In the end it's not everything about money

The_Berzerker, that is right, but think like this: more money means less problems ---> feeling happy :)

Actually I don't thik that one is better than other but i think ITs curve is kind of saturated.
Also, "i think" being Electrical Engineer then going to IT field will make IT easier that if you go to IT from somewhere else :wink:

Cheers

always Face your Fears...
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds